Occupancy: This A-Frame Bungalow can sleep up to 8 guests, but is ideal for 5–6 people. If you have questions about whether this Bungalow will suit your group, please ask! We want you to be as comfortable as possible when staying at Aspen Acres.
Location: Just outside of Spearfish, SD, we’re seated on 40 acres of prairie, with panoramic views of the Northern Black Hills and the surrounding area. Located right next to our larger event venue, The Barn at Aspen Acres, the A-Frames offer easy access for families of the bride and groom, the wedding party, or other guests traveling afar.
Note: The no-party and quiet rules are strictly enforced. We understand that life is full of good reasons to celebrate with a party. However, due to the neighborhood’s tranquility, there are better venues, like our Social Hall, for hosting events and celebrations. Please see A-Frame Bungalow Rules for more information relating to visitors and parties.
Kitchen: The kitchen is fully equipped with necessary appliances, including a refrigerator, stove/oven, dishwasher, microwave, toaster, and coffee maker. In addition, the kitchen is equipped with cooking utensils, pots and pans, knives, and other cooking equipment.
Note: We provide pantry basics, including olive oil, salt & pepper. Please bring along the unique spices and condiments you need for preparing your favorite meals.
Bedrooms & Sleeping Spaces: The A-Frame Bungalows can accommodate up to 8 guests, although it will be more comfortable for 5–6 guests. The bedroom located in the loft has a king-size bed, and there is a sofa couch upstairs as well. There are two bedrooms on the main floor, one with a king-size bed, and the other with a queen-size bed.
Bathrooms: There are 2 full bathrooms in our bungalows, one in the loft and one on the main floor, both with a sink, toilet, and shower. They will be stocked with the essentials, including towels, toilet paper, shampoo, conditioner, and body wash.
Technology: This A-frame Bungalow will have a flat screen smart TV in the main living room, and there will be access to Wi-Fi.
We DO NOT allow pets.
Amenities: Visit our amenities page for details on all supplies available in the A-Frames.
Safety & Security: To protect the tranquility of our property and the safety of our guests, each A-Frame Bungalow has a camera facing the driveway. The camera angle is not pointed toward any areas inside the A-Frame Bungalow. We understand that our A-Frame Bungalow may not always be occupied, so we want to ensure that our guests and property are always protected. The camera helps us to do that by providing a visual record of who is coming and going, and helps us to identify any potential issues or incidents that may occur on the property. We hope this puts your mind at ease during your stay with us.
Other things to know:
- There are stairs inside our A-Frame Bungalows leading to our upper loft area. So if you have young children or people in your group with mobility issues, please consider this when choosing our Bungalows.
- Our A-Frame Bungalows have a climate control system for heating and cooling.
- We do not have cable or satellite TV, but there is access to Netflix.
- Parking: The driveway will accommodate 4 cars sufficient for the capacity of the A-Frame Bungalow. Parking on the road is not permitted at any time; please don’t park in the yard or use the neighbor's driveway.
- Infants & Children: While we do host families with infants and children in our properties, please be aware that they are NOT childproofed (cabinet door latches, electric socket covers, baby gates, etc.). You may have access to a high chair, crib, or pack n’ play if selected at checkout.
- This bungalow is located on a shared property of a wedding venue, The Barn At Aspen Acres.
- We do have quiet hours for the property starting at 10 PM- 8 AM and will be enforced via a security team. We will do our best to ensure that sound is not an issue and provide proper accommodations.
- As part of our commitment to ensuring a seamless and convenient experience for our guests, we kindly request that you provide us with your credit card information to keep on file if you choose to pay manually. Please send to email@example.com or call (605) 877-1265
- Cleaning fee, Lodging tax, State tax, and a credit card fee will be added at check out.
*If you are staying for a wedding, please note in the comment section at checkout which wedding you will be attending. Thank you!
Wireless Broadband Internet
Parking and facilities
Credit cards accepted, Accessible 24/7, Pets not allowed , Smoking not allowed
Bathroom and laundry
Hair dryer, Essentials, Shower , Towel set
Heating and cooling
Air conditioning , Heating available
Internet and office
Wireless Broadband Internet
Kitchen and dining
Coffee machine, Cooking utensils, Dishwasher, Kitchen stove, Microwave, Oven, Refrigerator , Toaster
Carbon Monoxide Detector, Fire Extinguisher, First aid kit, Security system , Smoke Detector
Credit cards accepted
Pets not allowed
Smoking not allowed
Check in: 03:00 PM
Check out: 10:00 AM
Hi, my name is Tia Berens, and I am part owner of The A-Frames at Aspen Acres. I am a Black Hills State University alumni, dedicated dreamer, mom, and service-driven entrepreneur. My husband, Dan Berens, is an Iowa native and a primary care physician in Spearfish. Over the last 3 years, we have welcomed 2 beautiful blessings to our family, Bridger and Bryn, who never fail to bring an abundance of love, light, and laughter to our lives. Together, our greatest passions are helping others, giving back, and exploring the great outdoors by mountain biking, skiing, or hiking with our dog, Bro!
Together my husband and I started Aspen Acres in 2019, when we built The Barn at Aspen Acres--a large, modern wedding venue with panoramic views of the Northern Black Hills and surrounding area. In 2023, we expanded our business to accommodate overnight guests in the Black Hills by building the A-Frames, which are available for Black Hills vacationers, road trippers, family reunions, Barn wedding guests, and more.
My team and I are passionate about family, community, and togetherness, and pride ourselves on hospitality and cleanliness. Whatever the reason behind your visit, we can't wait to accommodate and serve you.